Jason, Randi and Leah

Our Life Together

Leah's First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 30, 2010

One Month Old

I am 5 weeks old!!


My mommy TRIED to weigh and measure me and she says I weigh 10.2 lbs and am 23 inches long! That's right....I'm a big girl!! (I go to the doctor in 2 weeks, when I'm almost 2 months old and they will tell me how big I really am.)

Well, this first month has really flown by! I guess when you sleep all the time.....well, you know. Anyway, my parents seem pretty cool. They let me sleep when and where ever I want, my mommy feeds me (I've really got this booby thing down!), and my daddy snuggles me so good that I can't help but fall asleep. I have to admit, Mommy and Daddy are pretty weird sometimes though. For example, one time, I was trying to sleep and m
y Daddy put his finger on my chin and made my mouth move and everyone was laughing. I don't know what that was all about...here...just see for yourself. Click Laughing Attack

Oh, and my mom sings ALL the time! She makes my arms and legs move and makes her laugh so hard....it IS pretty funny. Sometimes, I'll even smile too...but it isn't funny enough to make me laugh, I mean, come one Mommy! Geez!

Now that I think about it, my whole family is kinda strange! EVERYONE talks to me in the same voice. Mommy, Daddy, grandparents, uncles, cousins...they all talk really high and their eyes get really big and they smile a LOT! I wonder if I will talk like this one day?

Other stuff that has been happening:
I really, really like baths! (While I am actually IN the bath....getting out is COLD!)
I take naps in my "Big Girl" crib in my room now.
I got to meet family from Virginia and New York!
I got to meet my Great Gran (He's the OLDEST! Mommy says he's 85 years older than me....that's a LOT!)

Everyone says I look like my mommy. Here is a picture of her when she was a baby like me.


I think that's about all of the stuff I can remember about this first month. Oh and I forgot to mention that I've had so many visitor that I can't even name them all. I've met all of my Grandparents, 3 of my uncles, 5 of my great grandparents, 2 great uncles, 2 great aunt, lots of my 2nd cousins, and 3 of my 3rd cousins (one of them is 3 weeks younger than me!) Mom says that there are probably more that I'm forgetting, but you get the picture! I've had lots of visitors and I loved it!!

Ok, time for a nap!

See you soon,
Leah Love (that's what mom calls me!)


3 comments:

  1. How cute! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks JUST like you!!! I can't wait to come see you. Just tell us when... Maybe if Jason is off on a Saturday we can come there for a Bama game. Just let us know which one! In other words, invite us over! Haha! Y'all are welcome to come here, but I guess it is our turn to do the traveling since you are now the ones with the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've really got this booby thing down" made me laugh out loud! Love it.

    ReplyDelete