Jason, Randi and Leah

Our Life Together

Leah's First Birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 26, 2010

Pickles and what?

Well, for anyone who has been keeping up with my very few posts, I'm pregnant!! I know the last post was short, but, if I say so myself, powerful. Jason and I are so excited to be having a little baby Street sometime in the vicinity of October 2nd.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. Excited, anxious, elated and worried to name a few. Of course when we first found out, excitement was at the top of the emotions list. But before I could even go to the Dr., we had a little scare. So at the doctor's visit, we told her our worries and she felt that we should do an ultrasound just to make sure everything was ok. I was only (by what I thought) 6 1/2 weeks, so we knew it would be a really early ultrasound. Oh and "your gonna put the ultrasound probe where????!!!"

Because of that, we couldn't believe it when were able to see the heart beating when the baby was only measuring 5 weeks 6 days!! God is truly amazing! So, the HR looked like it was about 90 beats/min, which seemed kinda slow to me, but I decided not to worry until the Dr. Bailey told us to worry. The worrying came a few days later. The following Monday, Dr. Bailey's nurse called me at work to set up another ultrasound......*my heart flip-flopped in my chest*.......to "make sure the baby is developing ok". So my second ultrasound was set up for the following monday.....10 days after the first one!
Now, in my gut, I knew this wasn't "normal" if everything looked good on the first ultrasound. Between the two of us, Jason and I had come up with various abnormalities, dangers, and miscarriage opportunities. All in all, we were still being optimistic, and understood that God was, and is, totally in control! So at the 2nd ultrasound, which was through my belly (so cool), they just focused in on Baby Street and checked out the heart rate. It was 143 beats/minute. Over 50 beats faster in only 10 days!! Not to mention, Baby Street was like 20 times bigger!


Jason and I were amazed at how fast the baby was growing! We were able to hear the heartbeat and it was so loud, fast and strong! It was the most amazing sound we had ever heard.

We don't go back to the Dr. until March 17th. I will be almost 12 weeks preggo! As of now my only symptoms are a little tiredness, queasiness (without vomiting, yay!), and a full feeling quickly after I eat. All in all, I can't imagine a much easier pregnancy so far. Unfortunately, some have told me that means a terrible labor. I'm not buying that yet, still keeping my fingers crossed.

Until next time, carry on Bloggers!

1 comment: